🏃♀️🏃♂️ Imagine going for a run with your spouse in the beautiful mountains of OOTY or Yercaud, playing a game of badminton with your son or daughter, taking a cycle ride with your friend, or planning a trek with your family and friends. What do they all have in common? Fitness…
How can you start your journey to fitness even before that? There is a growing concern about first being healthy to be fit. This is because health is the foundation of fitness. If you are unhealthy, you will be more likely to get injured or experience other problems when exercising.
Our immediate social circles are crucial for progressing into lifelong wellness and happiness. Their support becomes crucial for us to choose running, hiking, cycling, swimming, or playing a sport as a serious recreational hobby. Having someone closer to you watch your health and fitness journey improves accountability and creates opportunities to pick up a new outdoor hobby, travel to new places, or discover what more you can do to get healthier, fitter, and have more fun in your life.
Following the principle of “Fix the foundation before scaling up,” this workshop will help you develop awareness and provide various ideas and tools to integrate fun and play, become mentally and physically stronger, and stay motivated.
- Date: 19th November 2023, Sunday
- Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Venue: Padukone-Dravid Center for Sports Excellence, North Bangalore (30 mins from Bengaluru Kempegowda International Airport) – view map
- Registration Fee: Rs. 3500 + 18% GST | Rs. 4130/- (includes entry for two)
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Meals: Tea/coffee provided during the event. Breakfast and lunch can be purchased at nearby Coffee Shops/restaurants within the CSE campus.
- Parking: Available at the CSE facility
- Arrival Time: Participants must arrive at the venue by around 7:30 a.m.
- Engage in fun and physical activities to boost endurance and teamwork.
- Classroom sessions to educate and empower attendees about leading a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Strengthen relationships and create lasting memories with your loved ones.
- Opportunities to learn, grow, and inspire each other in a lively and enjoyable setting
- Provides you with an opportunity to integrate PlayFEM into your day-to-day life and further progress into having more serious health and fitness goals
About the workshop coach
The PlayFEM workshop will be led by Coach Kay, a highly experienced and qualified endurance running coach with over three decades of diverse expertise spanning engineering, software development, program management, and leadership roles. In 2016, he established KaysFIT Academy to pursue his passion for coaching and helping others achieve their athletic goals.
Event Terms & Conditions:
- Entry is non-refundable. However, you can transfer the amount to another participant identified by you.
- Payment Option 1: Pay via Instamojo (credit card or debit card)
- Payment Option 2: Pay Rs. 4130/- via UPI | kaysfit@icici
- Fill the form at the end of the page
- An email confirmation will be sent to you post your registration
A: We recommend comfortable athletic attire and a comfortable shoes for the physical activities.
Bring your Yoga Mat and a bottle of water
A: Yes, the workshop will be limited to a max 18 participants. We encourage participants to form groups in pairs of their choice (couple, friends, or family) to enhance the enjoyment and bonding experience throughout the workshop.
A: The event is designed for individuals believed not to have pre-existing medical conditions. If you have any concerns about your health and participation, it’s advisable to consult a medical professional beforehand. If you have any questions, please call us (see contact details below)
A: Yes, there will be a couple of tea/coffee breaks and a lunch break (12:30 pm to 1:30 pm) to provide participants with opportunities to rest, socialize, and recharge for the next activities.
A: While breakfast and lunch are available for purchase at nearby Coffee Shops/restaurants within the CSE campus, participants are welcome to bring their own meals if preferred.
A: While you are welcome to attend the workshop on your own, we encourage you to bring a friend or family member along to maximize the learning and fun. Sharing this experience with a loved one can enhance the overall enjoyment and create lasting memories.
Coach Kay holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master’s in M.Sc Performance Coaching. He is also an ACE Certified Personal Trainer, UESCA Ultrarunning and Performance Coach, Race Director, and Corporate Fitness Consultant.
Coach Kay’s coaching philosophy centers on bringing out the best in every person and helping them unlock their full potential. He believes true success comes from teaching people how to fish, not just giving them a fish. He infuses this principle into every coaching relationship, helping his clients develop the skills and knowledge they need to achieve their goals and sustain their success over the long term.
Coach Kay is a passionate and inspiring leader dedicated to helping others improve their health and well-being. He is excited to share his knowledge and expertise with the participants of the PFEM workshop and help them achieve their goals.
The Residences at CSE offers state-of-the-art residential facilities for long-stay and short-stay guests with a comprehensive list of ancillary and support facilities. The hotel and service apartments include executive rooms, executive deluxe rooms, 2BHK, 1BHK, and studio units.
Please opt-in for the accommodation option while registering. We will arrange a call from Residences to help you with the accommodation.
The Venue: Padukone-Dravid Center for Sports Excellence, North Bangalore (30 mins from Bengaluru Kempegowda International Airport) – view map
The best way to reach you is by taxi from the Airport or Bengaluru.
If you are driving your own vehicle, ample parking is available on the campus.